Today, there are three leaders in the modern pharmaceutical markets. Their names are Viagra, Levitra, and Cialis. Each of them has its specific formula and a family of generics. Generic Levitra is one of the most popular in many countries. The main component of this drug is Vardenafil, a selective inhibitor of PDE (phosphodiesterase). Normal erection is controlled by two main processes. The first is the synthesis of cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate), and the second is its disintegration, carried out with the help of PDE.
Vardenafil blocks phosphodiesterase, thereby increasing the amount of cGMP, and cyclic guanosine monophosphate acts relaxing on the smooth muscle fibers of the cavernous bodies of the penis, increasing the flow of blood to them. This process causes an erection
Generic Levitra Instruction
Here are the main symptoms of erectile dysfunction:
- Inability to achieve or maintain an erection and fully complete the sexual act.
- The complete absence of erection on the background of various diseases that are not directly related to the reproductive system.
However, generic Levitra does not cure impotence. This drug can eliminate the symptoms of the disease for a while, that is, if necessary, contribute to the emergence of a full erection. However, the phosphodiesterase inhibitors do not eliminate a cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels. This includes various diseases in which physical (including sexual) stress poses a threat to the life and health of a man (recent myocardial infarction, chronic heart failure, stenocardia of stress (and other forms of unstable angina pectoris)).
- Vardenafil or its generic cannot be taken with nitrates (oxygen donors) and inhibitors of CYP3A4 which is associated with the specific metabolism of Vardenafil in the body. Admission is prohibited with Erythromycin, Ritonavir, Clarithromycin, Itraconazole, etc.
- Allergy to any component of the drug or its intolerance is also the contraindication.
- The patient under 18 years of age. Clinical trials have not been conducted in this age group.
- Serious violations of liver function with hepatic insufficiency.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) to the numbers 90/55 mm Hg. art.
- Renal failure (terminal stage with hemodialysis).
Vardenafil and its generic can be recommended with a large caution to men with congenital or acquired deformity of the penis with diseases with a high risk of priapism (myeloma, sickle cell anemia, leukemia), peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
There is no evidence of the effects of Vardenafil administration on men with retinitis pigmentosa.
The presented list of contraindications is incomplete and is of a fact-finding nature. More information is printed in the annotation. Even if you have not found any of the aforementioned ailments, the use of the medicine without prior consultation with a doctor is prohibited.
Generic Levitra doesn’t have a negative effect on the mobility of male sex cells or the genetic material of spermatozoa.
Generic Levitra causes side effects in less than 5% of men. Commonly, men with chronic diseases are at risk. For this reason, they are recommended to visit their physician.
The frequency of development of certain side effects is prescribed in the instructions:
- Vardenafil, like any PDE inhibitor, can have an adverse effect on the body.
- Heart and blood vessels: rarely observed heartbeat, rapid heart rate, hypotension. In post-marketing observations of Vardenafil application, cases of myocardial infarction in patients taking Vardenafil or generic were recorded.
- Respiratory system: congestion of the nose and paranasal sinuses.
- Gastrointestinal tract: a frequent occurrence was dyspepsia. Less frequently observed nausea, diarrhea, gastralgia, gastritis.
- Organs of the senses: from the side of the sight, conjunctivitis, chromatopsia (violation of the standard perception of color) were witnessed.
- Nervous System: All PDE inhibitors (including Sildenafil and Tadalafil) often cause a headache. This is a leading side effect of Vardenafil, noted in about 10% of patients, which is confirmed by the researchers.
- Immune system: allergic reactions of varying severity.
- Genitourinary system: priapism (prolonged and painful erection).
- Skin and mucous membranes: redness, the rash of various nature.
Summing up it is worth saying that generic Levitra like any other drugs can cause side effects and overdoes, therefore, it is advisable to consult a specialist before taking this medication in spite of the fact that it is sold without the prescription.